Stunning Array Of Waterfall Types and Choices From Finishing Touches Landscaping LLC
Waterfalls are an elegant feature for your home’s exterior design and Finishing Touches Landscaping LLC is the perfect company to get it done for you. We have been in business for well over 21 years so we have the necessary experience and expertise to do it right and deliver on schedule.
Benefits of Waterfalls
There are many benefits to having a waterfall in your backyard. It transforms your backyard providing tranquility and relaxing sounds. Because of their calming natural sounds, waterfalls are proven to be stress relieving. If you’re having friends or family over make sure they experience the wonderful effects of your waterfall. After seeing it and spending some soothing time in your backyard they will want their own and Finishing Touches Landscaping LLC will be happy to provide it for them.
Main Types of Waterfalls
There are various types and shapes of waterfalls. The look and shape of the waterfall will be determined by your tastes and your landscape. When determining the type of waterfall, consider the size of the area where you want to install it. There are two basic types of waterfalls:
The pondless system has the waterfall with a closed system at the bottom to filter water and return it via a pump and filtration system. These waterfalls require less space as the pond/water garden is removed.
2. Ponded/Water Garden
Waterfalls with a pond or water garden at the bottom will require substantially more space. The waterfall splash water out the same distance as the water falls. The pond should be at least three times the size at the bottom as at the top to catch the water flowing down and recirculate it.
Things To Take Into Consideration
- Your waterfall should take the surrounding landscaping into consideration. If your landscaping contains natural stone, then the waterfall should also be made out of natural stone.
- You will want to make your waterfall twist and turn for the water to flow in an uneven, almost zigzag like pattern. This makes it mesmerizing to watch.
- Be sure to place the waterfall somewhere close to your deck for easier viewing. After all, you want to be sure that you can enjoy your waterfall from all areas of your home and landscaping.
- Placing small flowers and plants on the outside edges of the waterfall is a sure way to soften its look and give it a more soothing appeal.
- Keep the water clean and clear at all times by using biological filters.
- The pump size will determine the speed of the water flow, so if you want to mimic a natural waterfall, get a bigger pump.
Your choices for waterfall lighting are varied as are the locations that they can be placed. Lights can be colored, fluorescent, white and bright white. The lighting can be placed in a number of locations depending on the look and feel you are trying to achieve. You can also place the lights at the bottom of the waterfall pond, behind the waterfall or in the landscaping pointing at the waterfall.
If you place the light at the bottom, the lighting can be pointed up at the waterfall to increase the night vision of the waterfall and make it easier to see any aquatic life in the pond. Behind the waterfall in and around the rocks will highlight the waterfall itself. Placing only one or two lights gives the waterfall a classy and prestigious look.
Spot lights can be placed on the landscaping surrounding the waterfall to highlight it from the front. All these options can be used separately or together. You don’t have to pick just one type of lighting. Remember, it’s about what affect you wish to achieve and what you wish to see every night when you look at your waterfall while relaxing on your deck or when looking out your windows.
Talk to Us Today!
Whatever you want to achieve from getting a waterfall, Finishing Touches Landscaping LLC is here to make it a stunning reality. Give us a call today at (262) 767-0089 or fill out our Contact Form, to schedule your free landscape design consultation. To help you get started on your waterfalls project, we also offer financing options.